What is Climate Change? What is Greenhouse Effect?
Climate change, “in addition to natural climate variability observed over comparable time periods, a change in the climate directly or indirectly as a result of human activity that alters the composition of the global atmosphere” format is defined.
Global climate change; fossil use of fuel, land use changes, deforestation and industrial processes such as human atmosphere of greenhouse gases emitted by activity (H2O (b), CO2, CH4, O3, N2O, CFC-11, HFC, PFC, SF6) natural greenhouse to strengthen the impact of the rapid increase in savings As a result of the increase in the average surface temperature of the Earth and refers to changes in the climate.
Climate change in the 21st century is one of the biggest challenges facing humanity. Human health, ecosystems, or even because of the negative effects that may pose a threat in terms of the continuation of the human species very serious socio-economic consequences for the assessment as a problem that can cause climate change, especially in recent years has begun to take place in the international on the agenda.
reduction of freshwater resources between the effects of climate change, global changes in food production and flood conditions, storms, considered to be experienced increases in deaths due to heat waves and drought.
Unable to keep pace with the rapid changes of habitat will be destroyed the extinction of many plant and animal species. According to World Health Organization data, malaria and malnutrition deaths from such causes hundreds of millions of people will face.
Climate change is a common feature of all done work on the economic and human dimensions of the world’s 2 ° C in the world economy when it is exposed to a temperature rise above the threshold and not more importantly return of large-scale decline in human development I will begin in some way.Available industrialization and related energy policies which, if not controlled, it will be critical temperature increase to higher levels. Temperature rise of 2 ° C to keep the level of carbon emissions should be constant at 450 particles per million levels of atmospheric density. Otherwise, the atmospheric concentration levels of particulate levels in 2050 will be 750. the world should be attracted to a total of 4 gigatons of annual carbon dioxide emission levels to ensure that the carbon dioxide level in terms of density of 450 particles. This in turn means a reduction of the existing carbon dioxide emissions by 80% by 2050 (UNDP, 2007: 14).
What is the Greenhouse Effect?
What is the greenhouse area the largest share in global warming? A portion of the floating space by direct radiation from the sun is administered to the atmosphere is absorbed by the earth portion. A significant portion of the heat emitted by long-wave radiation absorbed by the earth’s atmosphere again. very permeable to short-wave solar rays of gases in the atmosphere, the earth against the long-wave radiation, the accumulation of greenhouse owing to the less permeable due to gases, the greenhouse effect of the atmosphere to more warming event than expected somewhere close part is called.
1. 51% of short-wave radiation from the Sun ‘s held by the earth. This energy heats the earth.
2. A portion of this energy is absorbed by the earth is returned to the atmosphere.
3. A portion of the energy from the sun back into space from the atmosphere before reaching the earth.
4. A part of the heat energy from the earth to the atmosphere in case of long-wave radiation. This part of the energy is retained by greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. It kept the energy heats the lower part of the atmosphere. This atmosphere is warming greenhouse effect.
5 is returned again into space a portion of the energy stored by the greenhouse gases.
6. A portion of the earth in the space energy goes directly into space.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse effect gas
a separate place between the CO2 greenhouse gases that impact on global warming and there is a separate matter. Carbon dioxide (CO2), short-wave radiation coming directly from the sun is largely spent, but it keeps me from where the long-wave rays, the heating of the lower part of the atmosphere is a greenhouse gas that plays a very important role. Known amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere as a result of use in various fields of primary fossil fuel is growing rapidly.However, excessive deforestation and destruction of tropical rain forests in particular, also of the forest cover in other areas of the world where the new vegetation is also contributing to this increase.
Turkey on the Potential Impact of Climate Change
Scientists could cause environmental and social problems in our country, according to a possible climate change can be summarized as follows:
• An increase in the duration and intensity of hot and dry periods, events such as drought and salinization and erosion will accelerate desertification.
• The outcome of the climate belts shift northward Turkey may be under the influence of hotter and drier climates.
• Turkey’s problems will be added to the existing water supply problems will have great difficulties in drinking water supply.
• Agricultural production potential may change. (These changes together with regional and seasonal differences may be an increase or decrease according to type).
• Terrestrial ecosystems and agricultural production systems can be damaged by the increase of pests and diseases.
• An increase in temperature will make a negative impact on human and animal health, disease and death rates due to extreme heat will increase.
• sea level rise due to dense settlement in Turkey, tourism and low areas where the farmland will be flooded.
• seasonal and permanent snow and ice cover of snow cover in areas where, due to melting snow avalanches will increase in floods and floods.
• changes in sea currents, marine ecosystems will have negative impacts on marine products will be reduced.
global climate change can be seen in doubt, it will affect different regions of Turkey in a different way.Turkey’s semi-arid especially under the threat of desertification and semi-humid with a feature;Central Anatolia, Southeastern Anatolia, Aegean and Mediterranean regions of agriculture, forestry and water from open sources will be seen in a more negative results. In recent years, the public institution in Turkey forest trees, are known to increase the outbreak of pests and fire. To increase the degree of drought due to climate change, these events will further accelerate.
Climate Change and Adaptation
combating the effects of climate change, the strengthening of strategies to manage the benefits and impact, development and implementation.
Why should we adapt?
even if greenhouse gas emissions stop today, climate change impacts are expected to continue in the future. In this respect, society must adapt to climate change in order to cope with changing climate conditions.
In this context, the success of adaptation strategies;
• the expected impact of climate change in time,
• Community life can pass the measures and plans to protect themselves,
• to be the effects of climate change in the existing plans and strategies updated to take into account,
• The measures to be converted into action,
• it depends on the awareness of society.
Compliance Capacity (Adaptive Capacity)
A system to climate variability and climate change, managing the negative effects of climate change, to create opportunities and the ability to adapt to the issue To provide fault.
Cohesion Fund to help countries adapt to the impacts of climate change, concrete adaptation projects and programs in developing countries in order to increase the resilience of communities was created to finance. Fund, the Clean Development Mechanism projects a share allocated from the revenues derived from the operations and financing through other funding sources edilmektedir.fo the Parties Meeting (CMP) under the authority and guidance was appointed as the executive organ of the Fund Adaptation Fund Board (AFB) is managed and supported by.
Source: Directorate General of Renewable Energy, Climate Change